Inverter air conditioning is more expensive than non-inverter air conditioning, but with the deteriorating state of the energy system in South Africa, it is a worthy investment to consider. The main difference is that an inverter air conditioning unit delivers a fixed amount of power using a fixed speed compressor. The speed of the compressor varies, so as to deliver the precise cooling or heating power required.
Benefits of inverter air conditioning
- Up to 40% cheaper to run as it consumes less power
- Reaches the desired temperature quicker
- Startup time is reduced by 30%
- Much quieter when running
- No temperature fluctuations, therefor maximizing comfort level
- No voltage peaks from the compressor
- All Samsung inverter air conditioners are heat pumps which in itself is one of the most energy efficient form of heating.
How does inverter air conditioning work?
The amount of cooling or heating required by an air conditioner varies depending on the outdoor temperature and the amount of heat in the room. When cooling or heating capacity needs to be decreased, the compressor will operate at a high speed and will increase the amount of refrigerant flow.
When the inverter air conditioner is switched on, the compressor operates at a high speed in order to cool or heat the room quicker.
Find out more - contact us today!